A compilation of software resources/developer tools available to students for free.
Most of these only require you to sign up with a valid university email address. Some of these are only available to students in certain countries.
This list does not include software made available in bulk to educational institutions.
Software Dev/Design Tools
- GitHub Student Developer Pack - A bundle of free/discounted software tools/trainings from providers like DNSimple, Microsoft Azure, Namecheap, Stripe, SendGrid, and Udacity.
- JetBrains Student Developer Kit - Access to full versions of all JetBrains IDEs for free
- Intel Free Software Tools
- Microsoft Imagine
- NI LabVIEW Student Edition - visual programming environment
- Axure - design prototyping tool
- ANSYS Free Simulation Software
- AutoDesk Education Community - collection of Autodesk products
- Microsoft Office in Education
- RoboFormU Password Manager
- QuestionPro Survey Software - online survey creator
- eSurveyCreator - online survey creator
- SAS University Edition - powerful statistical software
- VectorWorks Designer Software
- OTOY OctaneRender(tm) - 3D rendering software
- MSC Software - Engineering simulation software
- Tableau for Students - Drag-and-drop analytics software
- PTC Creo Free Student Edition - 3D CAD software
- BricsCAD - CAD software and APIs
Honourable Mentions (Discounted Software)
- OnTheHub - An online store for discounted/free student software
Please star and share if you find this useful! Contributions welcome.